Weddings enjoy unparalleled importance in Indian culture. Every ceremony is significant in its own way, celebrated with great attention to detail. The mix and match of ceremonies calls for a mix of outfits too; each one as grand as the other! With end of season sales in full swing, you get to look your best and save some serious moolah too!
Pick the right attire for the right occasion, while a heavily embellished party wear suits, saree or lehenga is perfect for the wedding day, ceremonies like haldi, mehendi and sangeet are meant to be enjoyed in lighter outfits that are adorned with subtle yet striking details. Pick from the choicest trends, look up designer apparels online; you will find the trend bandwagon brimming with gota patti and resham embroidered shararas and sherwanis. With designers like Anita Dongre on a heavy end season sale, you get to have your cake and eat it too! We picked out some of the best pieces on sale this season:
- The Ashwara Jacket and Skirt: A snazzy choice for fun celebrations like sangeet ceremonies, this jacket and skirt duo is giving us major style inspiration! The royal shade in silk, combined with intricate dori and sequin work makes this outfit dressy on its own! Pair up with minimal accessories; petite earrings, a simple bracelet or a couple or rings and you are all set to light the stage on fire.
- The Akhila Suit: Everything about this gorgeous cotton silk kurta and chanderi silk sharara set is eye-catching yet timelessly elegant. The pop of colour, the intricate work paired with subtle gold makes an ideal mehendi ceremony pick. You can also rock this ensemble on day occasions or weddings with silver jewelry and mojris.
- The Gulezaar Kurta: This is one of those summery, easy-breezy pieces fit for the bride’s post wedding functions, parties and get-togethers. Paired with a skirt or sharara, open toed white stilettos, jhumkas or minimal natural stone jewelry and you are all set to win hearts. You can also add a bindi to the equation, making things playful and fun.
- The Sanat Sherwani: This stunning linen silk sherwani with dori embroidery should be your go-to choice for extravagant functions, especially during winters. Navy blue is a festive favourite, leaving the final look up to your imagination; do you want to look royal and formal or chic and easy? Style this with dark toned bottoms and accessories for the former look and bright colours like fuchsia and red.
- The Sahasra Sherwani: This basic matka silk off-white sherwani is a wardrobe essential through and through. The subtle detailing adds so much oomph to the ensemble, with a lot of room to play around. You can go basic yet classic with a white churidaar and a crisp pocket-square or you can go super funky with colour blocked dhoti/salwars, a pair of oxfords and a silken stole/dupatta!
- The Vihayas Sherwani: With the subtle work and the bold buttons, the red lace and silk sherwani is as royal as it can get. But that doesn’t mean it restricts you in terms of styling. Play around with stoles and dupattas, especially if you are the best man on this joyful celebration! Colour-_ediblock your sherwani with a bright shaded pocket square for an alternate look or add a pair of brogues for a contemporary approach.