According to statistics, only a quarter of people in the world are satisfied with their appearance. The rest believe that for a full sense of their own beauty they need cosmetic surgery. Plastic surgeries abroad are becoming more and more popular due to the development of medical tourism.
Cosmetic surgery in Turkey is very popular due to the work of experienced surgeons who successfully perform hundreds of surgeries a day. Besides, the face lift cost in Turkey is 20% lower than in European countries on average.
Benefits of Turkey
Turkey is a very beautiful country, thanks to beautiful sunsets, beaches, as well as a warm climate. Besides, there are many modern medical centers with world-class surgeons working in Turkey. This makes it possible to undergo treatment and enjoy the sound of the sea at the same time. About one million foreign patients come to Turkey every year.
Medical centers in Turkey are equipped with modern robotic systems that allow performing the most complicated surgeries. A pleasant addition is that the prices for cosmetic surgeries in Turkey are lower than in European countries. Turkey ranks second in the world by the number of foreign patients.
Availability of JCI quality certificates proving compliance with the standards of world surgery has greatly increased the level of confidence in international patients who are planning to undergo therapy in Turkish medical centers.
The number of people who want to have plastic surgery is growing rapidly. In 2011, 15 million plastic surgeries were performed in the world, in 2014 – 18 million, in 2016 – 22 million! The American community of plastic surgeons has compiled a list of countries where plastic surgeries are performed most often. It includes Italy, Brazil, the USA, South Korea, France, India, and Mexico.
List of the most popular operations in the USA for 2018:
- Breast augmentation.
- Brazilian butt lift.
- Change of nose shape.
- Eyelid surgery.
- Tummy tuck surgery.
In recent years, hair transplant in Turkey is becoming more and more popular due to professional surgeons. The modern FUE hair transplant method shows excellent results, which allowed Turkey to become a leader in the field of hair transplantation.
The pros and cons
Conducting plastic surgeries has both positive and negative aspects. When choosing plastic surgery, you should be aware of the possible consequences.
The pros are:
- Plastic surgery is the only option for people with congenital defects or injuries. Surgery helps them to love their appearance again.
- After the neck lift or brow lift, you will be able to look the way you want. If your breasts are too big, you can have a breast reduction surgery and if they are too small, you can enlarge them with breast implants.
- With cosmetic surgery, you can look younger than your age.
- Surgical interventions with modern equipment in Turkish clinics can speed up recovery after surgery.
The cons are:
- Possible complications after the procedure. At any operation there are risks, plastic surgery is not an exception. For example, this is a displacement of implants after mammoplasty.
- The cost of plastic surgery is high. Higher the class of specialists, more expensive his services are. Not everyone can afford plastic surgery.
- A beautiful appearance after surgery does not guarantee you a carefree life. The only thing that is changed during plastic surgery is your appearance.
Indications for plastic surgeries are cosmetic defects that do not allow a person to feel confident or that bring him physical discomfort. As a rule, acquired defects are not an absolute indication for surgery, except when they worsen the quality of life.
- Cleft palate and cleft lip.
- Deviation of the nasal septum.
- Asymmetry of the mammary glands.
- Retracted nipple.
- The curved shape of the auricle.
- Defects resulting from a sedentary lifestyle or injury.
- Scars from animal bites.
- Heavy burns.
- Excess of subcutaneous fat.
- Age-related facial changes (e.g. wrinkles and folds).
- Desire to change the shape of the eyes or nose.
As with any surgery, plastic surgery can be harmful to your health. Therefore, plastic or cosmetic surgery is contraindicated to patients with one or more points from the list:
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Pathologies of the blood clotting system.
- Decompensated arterial hypertension.
- Morbid obesity.
- Oncological diseases.
- Mental disorders.
- Infectious diseases.
How to undergo treatment abroad?
Thanks to the development of medical tourism, you can easily undergo treatment abroad, like thousands of other patients. To undergo cosmetic surgery in Turkey, you just need to contact Booking Health. On the company’s website, you can choose a suitable clinic in Istanbul, as well as find out the facelift cost in Turkey. In addition, the company provides the following services:
- Booking hotels and air tickets.
- Communication with the clinic after treatment completion.
- Interpreting services.
- Help in buying and forwarding medicines.