Creatine supplement is among the most widely debated and heavily searched in the supplement industry. Besides its popularity, it is also a highly effective product. Learn more about it below.
What is Creatine?
Creatine is a naturally occurring organic acid that is found in certain foods like fish and beef. It is nitrogenous and contains three amino acids, including arginine, glycine and methionine.
Who Should Take A Creatine Supplement?
Consider what goals you have to determine whether creatine will be the right fit. The creatine supplement is mainly for those who want to capitalize on strength, muscle and performance gains. The following people can gain from the positive impacts of creatine:
- Bodybuilders: Creatine helps you enhance the shape and size of your muscles and also enables you to work out for longer.
- Fitness enthusiasts: People who like working out frequently can use creatine to improve muscular energy while minimizing fatigue
- Weight loss: Creatine helps you in burning calories during your workout, while improving your muscle mass will enhance your metabolism
Creatine can support intensive muscle-building goals since it acts as an energy source for both cardio and anaerobic work, like sprinting and weight training. Supplementing using creating gives your body sufficient energy to power through exercises. It not only improves energy and performance but also increases power and strength.
Lean Muscle Improvements
Besides improvements in strength and performance, creatine supplement also increases your lean muscle mass. It does this by increasing the amount of fluid within muscle cells. Increasing muscle hydration also increases its anabolic rates for more growth.
There are multiple types of creatine available today. The widely studied form is known as creatine monohydrate, and it has reliably proven its exceptional results in numerous studies. It is also readily available and more cost effective compared to other forms.
Why Take Creatine?
Supplementing the natural creating in your body will give you a significant improvement in your cellular energy. Here are some other notable benefits to expect with creatine:
- Fewer breakdowns of proteins. Creatine minimizes daily protein breakdown helping your muscles grow and increasing muscle mass.
- Improved performance. With a creatine supplement, you can significantly increase your workload, and you will easily have longer and harder workouts.
- More robust, better energy bursts. Creatine is also ideal for athletes, sprinters and weight lifters that need short and intense energy bursts.
- Less fatigue and better recovery. Creatine delays muscle fatigue and helps you work harder. You will also experience less soreness in your muscles after your workout.
How to Take Creatine
There are two main methods of taking a creatine supplement. You can either take three to five grams daily or load up by taking 20g daily for a week before switching down to three grams per day.
Both methods of creatine consumption will provide a similar effect in raising the creatine content in your muscles. However, using the loading method does it a lot faster as it saturates the muscle tissues much more rapidly.
The only limitation of loading is that it doesn’t assimilate all that creatine. That means those on tight budgets should consider taking it slow to avoid wasting the creatine.
Lastly, creatine also works well when used alongside whey protein and BCAA/Amino Acids Supplement. So, users looking to capitalize on creating should also consider additional supplementation.