Changing the Look of your Room
I must confess that I’m among those people who get tired of seeing the same room setting for long. So, I keep on making little changes to give a new and fresh look to my room. A very convenient and effective way to make your room look different is by changing futon covers. You can find them easily and they change the entire ambiance without any hassle.
5 Things to Consider when Buying Futon Covers
Image via SisCovers
The material or fabric used to make the covers counts a lot. The low quality fabric will wear out and get damaged too easily. When looking for the right fabric, you should also keep your comfort in mind; pick the material that is comfortable to your skin and is according to the prevailing climatic conditions in your area. Most commonly used covers today are cotton futon covers and suede futon covers. Moreover, Pvc covers are getting popular, because they look like leather covers and are easy to clean.
Image via Futon Company
Design is totally your own personal choice. Different types of available patterns and designs include:
- Contemporary: These are modern cover designs, which make use of geometrical shapes, striking combination of colors and abstract art to give a fresh look.
- Floral: Floral futon covers feature beautiful floral designs, leave’s patterns and tropical plants. You can use these for outdoor cushions. Besides, if you desire to create a tropical theme in your room, you can make use of these.
- Plain Covers: If you are someone who does not approve of colorful designs and patterns, go for clean and plain covers. According to the room interior, you can choose any color of your choice.
To know what designs would make your living space more attractive, search through Momfuse.com
Image via Houzz.com
Of course, cover size matters; you don’t want covers too big or too small, so be sure of the measurements before making the purchase.
- Functionality: Apart from the type of fabric used, you also need to check the stitching and zipper quality of the covers. Zipper should be smooth and stitching must be neat.
- Durability: Durability usually depends on the type of material used and quality of finishing. However, the usage also determines how long will the covers last. Choose the material keeping your usage in mind.
Although, you will find all sorts of amazing futon covers in the market very conveniently at affordable prices, you can take a step forward to creativity by stitching your own covers too. Just check these futon cover design ideas.