The eternal question when planning your Mykonos holidays is whether to choose a holiday villa or a 5* hotel. Admittedly, both provide exceptional services and amenities. However, renting a luxury villa in Mykonos gives you that little extra you are probably seeking from your holidays. Something much more than just a place to return to after you are done with the day’s shopping, exploring, sunbathing, and partying. Plus, you have all the privacy, space, and range of concierge services and facilities your VIP lifestyle requires. So, how do you select the right elegant Mykonos villa for you? Here is a guide to help you make the most ideal pick.
- Key Questions to Ask Yourself
First of all, where in Mykonos do you want to spend your holidays? Amidst all the action and places that combine a plethora of activities, including a lively night scene, boutique shopping, sightseeing, and sandy beaches? A bit further from the partying crowds? In more private and isolated locations so you can enjoy relaxing times while gazing at the calm Aegean Sea? Close to a popular beach club? Answering these questions will help narrow down your options to either Mykonos Town or more laid-back areas, such as Agios Sostis, Ftelia, Panormos, and others.
Also important are the following considerations:
- Will you be going with your partner, friend, family, or solo?
- When will you be visiting Mykonos (the high season, the off-season)?
- What’s your budget?
- Do you have style requirements you want your property to fulfill?
- What amenities do you definitely wish your holiday Mykonos rental to have?
So, you may need services like a babysitter (if visiting with the kids) or ample space and lots of en-suite baths (for groups of friends or multiple families). Even services such as a private chef or chauffeur. Your replies will also determine whether a stylish beachfront villa, chic hilltop mansion or an exclusive Mykonos Town property best meets your needs (budget- and location-wise). Speaking of budget, please note that the time of the year you will be visiting Mykonos also affects the cost of living and holiday-making in Mykonos, with the low-season (May, June, mid-September, and early October) offering the most cost-effective options. Finally, you have plenty of choices regarding the style of your lavish villa, from contemporary and minimalistic-style mansions to traditional Cycladic villas with whitewashed walls and rustic furnishings and interiors.
- Tips for:
- Couples – Prefer estates with amenities like a private pool, a Jacuzzi, en-suite bathrooms, spa services, and/or the level of privacy you wish, in either the outskirts of big towns (with proximity to the hops and nightlife) or further away from the bustle (i.e., Agios Ioannis, Agrari, or Aleomandra).
- Large Groups (Families or Friends) – Try to find properties offering enough space for privacy, the right number of bathrooms and bedrooms, privacy options (i.e., private balconies, verandas, patios or terraces), a gated swimming pool, plenty of outdoor activities for everyone to enjoy (i.e., a mansion close to the sea will cater to the needs of those who love water sports), and needed amenities within close range (i.e., restaurants, supermarkets, beaches, etc.).
- People with impaired mobility – You certainly want to rent a luxury estate with disabled access. One that’s designed to meet your individual needs specifically. So, no staircases, mountaintop locations, baths located in upper floors (unless, perhaps, there is an in-house wheelchair lift).
- Yacht owners – If you are planning to spend a lot of time exploring the island from the sea and hopping to other nearby islands, then you can consider Mykonos accommodation options that are close to safe anchorage spots, such as Ornos, for the times you would like to relax away from your yacht.
As you can see, there are many ways to make the most out of your Mykonos holidays. But, then again, enjoying and having utmost fun in Mykonos was something already on your agenda. So, all that there’s left to do is pick one of the upscale Mykonos villas with the numerous services and high-end amenities to complete an already close-to-perfect picture!