Having a clear skin is the key factor in eliminating acne in the first place. However, the majority of cleaning products often fall short in treating this ailment. In fact, even when these products contain elements that can counter acne like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, it still can’t make the skin feel better. Instead, it worsens the existing skin condition.
The reason for this is because the majority of these products contain certain ingredients which deprive the skin of oil. Benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid are good examples of constituents that dry the skin when used excessively. When this is the case, it worsens the skin condition because the oil glands produce more oil to recompense the dryness resulting in congested pores which provide the best conditions for acne causing bacteria to thrive.
Also, some of these products contain severe skin irritants like fragrance and many others which worsen the skin condition. This is the reason why oil cleansing method offers the easy way out for eliminating acne without any side effects. The oil, on the other hand, it is important to note that there are still other mild cleansers that will not strip the skin. So with a little more research, you can find a cleaner that works perfectly for you.
But why experience this, when you can use oil to eliminate oil. Though it sounds odd, it is the fundamental principle of the oil cleansing method. It removes excess oil produced by the oil glands that are clogging the pores on the skin at the same time it doesn’t dry the oil in the skin. Therefore, it cannot initiate the oil gland into action to produce more oil.
Also, this method offers the best option for treating acne especially if it is because of excessive oil, shed skin cells, and bacteria. But you may need to utilize other methods if yours is as a result of stress or hormone discrepancies. Also, it is vital to note that excessive production of oil can be as a result of the hormone testosterone in men and women (usually men have this hormone more than females).
To learn more about How to Get rid of Acne using the 40 Best Natural Acne Treatment, click on the following link: http://fullnomore.com/how-to-get-rid-of-acne.
Oil Cleansing Method Basics
- You will need hot water in a bowl, soft, clean washcloths, and oil or oil blend.
- Massage the oil or oil mixture on the skin for about two to three minutes as this helps to loosen the oil and unclog pores. Make sure all the acne areas are properly massaged.
- Steam your face or apply a washcloth soaking wet in hot water to your face for about one to two minutes to open up the pores even further. The heat helps the pores open up. If using a face towel, once the first towel you use cools, replace it with another one and so on.
- Use the warm towel to clean all the oil on your face.
- After the whole process, you may decide to use moisturizer or a couple of drops of oil to moisturize your face, but this is optional since most people who use the oil cleansing method find out that their face does not need any more moisturizer. Make sure to check the expiry of castor oil that you are using for oil cleansing methods above to avoid any problems.”
What Type of Oil Can You Use?
Castor oil is often used as a foundation when using oil cleansing method. However it is dependent on the nature of each skin (whether it is oily, normal, dry, or a combination of both types).
Also, castor oil is the best to use as a foundation because it has diverse cleansing and healing properties. Also, its capacity to be anti-inflammatory makes it the best to use for other natural healing of other infections and conditions.
Other oils used
Castor oil is usually tough to spread because it has a high viscosity and it tends to pull the skin when used. It is important to mix it with other oils that possess anti-inflammatory and healing properties to ensure this oil work. Some of this oils include olive, avocado, grapeseed, apricot kernel, sunflower seed, sweet almond, jojoba, hazelnut, and many others.
Notable Oil Ratios When Using Oil Cleansing Method
- For an oily skin use 30 percent castor oil to 70 percent other oils such as sunflower seed oil, grapeseed, and sweet almond oil is best
- For a healthy skin use 20 percent castor oil to 80 percent another oil such as sunflower, grapeseed, jojoba, apricot kernel, sweet almond oil is best
- For a dry skin use, 10 percent castor oil to 90 percent other oil such as avocado or apricot kernel oil is best
- For skin susceptible to acne, mix castor oil with sunflower seed and hazelnut oils.
Important Points to Note When Using The Oil Cleansing Method
- For those with acne prone skin, avoid using olive oil and coconut oil (coconut oil is comedogenic which means it clogs pores). Some people do report worsening case of acne when they use these two oils. Jojoba oil may also be an issue for some people.
- Stack a large number of face cloths and make sure it is always clean.
- If you are allergic to nuts, avoid using oils that made from nuts. Instead, use oils from grape seed, sunflower seed, etc. But bear in mind that this oil can be dry for some people with a peculiar skin type so try as much as possible to minimize the amount of the oil blend or eliminate it entirely.
- Avoid using a fabric softener because after washing them, they tend to leave residue or synthetics behind.
- For optimal results, use cold oils, or expeller pressed, organic and unrefined oils because it contains more healing properties without the presence of other additives.
- This cleansing method is among the best ways of removing makeup at evening time.
- The oil cleansing method can be done daily before sleep hours.
Conclusion on How to Get Rid of Acne
Unless there is another possible way out of having clear skin, acne varies in every human. Sometimes it tends to take a while before a person can get to know the actual acne treatment that works for him or her. This is because it solely depends on individual ways of life. For instance, when using oil cleansing method for the treatment, endeavor to use clean oil wisely. Also try as much as possible to consult a specialist before experimenting with new ways of treatments. If you notice small anomalies that may not be related to acne follow the link provided to find out how to get rid of bumps on face: https://www.skincarebyalana.