Poisonous food for dogs

0
115

Maintaining your dog’s health includes knowing what kind of food you can and can’t give to your dog. In the list below, we bring you a few foods that are common in every household but extremely toxic to dogs.

Chocolate, coffee, tea, carbonated drinks and everything that contains caffeine

These foods have compounds that are known to be toxic to dogs. They can cause heart problems and nervous system damage. Be careful and don’t allow your dogs to eat them, not even a little.

Mushrooms

Mushrooms can be very harmful and fatal for your pet’s health. Depending on the types of mushrooms, some types can be worse than others. It is for the best to prevent your dog from coming in contact with any kind of mushroom.

Onion and garlic

The onion and garlic can be very dangerous for the dogs. These foods can cause severe liver damage, and they can be fatal in certain amounts. To avoid health problems on your dog, don’t give these vegetables to a dog.

Tomatoes, potatoes and rhubarb

Tomatoes, especially the unripe ones, are poisonous and can cause a type of problem that can lead to heart failure. Potatoes are also harmful and a piece of rhubarb as well. In fact, some parts of rhubarb are poisonous to humans as well.

Grapes and raisins

It is still unknown why raisins and grapes can cause a disease to your dog, but it is still dangerous. If your dog eats grapes or raisins, you need to take him immediately to the veterinarian to pump his stomach.

Alchohol

Dogs should not drink alcohol of any kind. Alcohol can cause a variety of behavioral problems and can cause seizures, heart failure, and death. It all depends on the amount of alcohol that the dog has consumed.

Medications

Hide any medications from your pets as you would from your children. In many cases, pet owners give their pets, pain medication. But acetaminophen and ibuprofen are active ingredients in many painkillers. They are extremely dangerous for pets. Painkillers can cause stomach ulcers, liver damage, kidney failure, and sometimes, death.

Walnuts

Walnuts and macadamia nuts are very poisonous. The effects can be vomiting, paralysis, and even death. Within twelve hours after eating, pets begin to develop symptoms such as inability to walk or stand, vomiting, hypothermia (fever), weakness, and rapid heartbeat. The symptoms can cause kidney failure and often leads to death.

Sweet and salty

Source

Sweets, candies, or anything with an artificial sweetener can cause a sudden drop of blood sugar in the animal and it can cause loss of coordination and seizures. If left untreated, the dog can die. A large amount of salt can produce excessive thirst and urination or even sodium ion poisoning. Signs that your pet may be eating too many salty foods are vomiting, diarrhea, depression, shivering, fever, seizures, and is life-threatening for the dog.

Xylitol

Xylitol is used as a sweetener in many products, including sweets, pastries, and toothpaste, and can cause insulin which can lead to liver failure. An increase in insulin leads to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Initial signs of poisoning include vomiting, lethargy, and loss of coordination. Elevated liver failure can be seen within a few days.

Cooked bones

Bones that have been cooked can cause choking or tearing of the intestines. Although raw bones are popular among some natural dog foods, many experts think they are too risky. Only bone marrow is considered a safe food for dogs.