Are you looking for a San Diego plumber to install a fountain for a landscaping project? It is an ideal way to incorporate a water source for a garden, waterfall or koi pond. Fountains are convenient additions to your home to reduce stress levels, block out loud neighborhood sounds, or raise your property values. Moreover, employing an expert plumber ensures long-term usability.
Reduce Stress Levels
Spending only a few minutes in an environment that promotes nature reduces stress indicators. Research on the “blue mind effect” also shows that access to running water makes people feel calm, peaceful, and happy. Day-to-day exposure from a fountain can have a long-term effect on your mood and behavior patterns.
Blocks Out Loud Neighborhood Sounds
The sound of water helps to soothe those near it, but it also helps to block out noises that tend to annoy you. From car honks to busy neighbors, the stressors affect your overall tranquility. A fountain would be the optimal source to block out the noise.
Raises Your Property’s Value
When you use a professional plumber to install your landscape projects, it tends to add value to your property. Not only do you add to your landscape’s aesthetics, but you make it attractive to renters or buyers. It is also an addition that improves your backyard’s appeal, which provides you with a competitive edge in the real estate market.
Another benefit of using a professional plumbing company is the long-term usability of your fountain. You also know that a landscape professional can install and maintain your fountain properly, which ensures the features work as they should.
How to Install a Fountain
- Choose a location free of underground cables or shrubs.
- Install the fountain. If more than 30 pounds, you must create a foundation to hold it.
- Dig a trench for a GCI power source. Check San Diego building code requirements.
- Dig a second trench to lay your water lines. Piping and fitting materials may include plastic, copper, iron, or steel.
- PVC bends as needed, which is an advantage when your trench curves. Plastic also insulates better than other materials.
- Copper lines are resistant to extreme temperatures.
- Iron is generally used for air and gas as it is stronger than other materials.
- Steel used to be a popular accessory decades ago as it is rigid and easier to alter than copper.
- If you choose to leave some of your pipes exposed, stainless steel is a good alternative to PVC.
- Install the pump and hardware for your fountain.
- Level your fountain on its foundation based on the waterline measurement.
- Fill the fountain with water. Turn on the electric supply.
- Check for leaks and make sure the fountain is secure on its foundation.
- Check to make sure the water flows as it should.
If you are in the San Diego area and would like a free quote on fountain installation, please give us a call at (619) 268-4499 to set up an appointment.