Wrought iron is an element that will add elegance, both to indoor and outdoor space. With the versatile design and curvy shape, it will add character as well. Due to the rough texture, wrought iron items tend to gather dirt far more quickly compared to other materials. But this should not stop you from enhancing your home with this unique feature. If you are in need of tips for cleaning your Wrought Iron Windows , check this helpful article.
How to clean wrought iron?
- Clean Wrought Iron only. This means that you have to remove all the other non-iron items.
- The texture is the perfect base for gathering dust. Before you start doing anything, use a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to clean a good amount of the dust particles. This will make the process easier.
- Fill two spray bottles with warm water, so you will have one for washing and one for rinsing. Alternatively, you can use buckets if you are dealing with a larger item.
- Soapy water works best for cleaning the dirt and dust. A mild cleanser, such as dish soap will do the trick. You don’t want to use any harsh chemicals, as they can damage the surface. 1 tablespoon of soap will be enough for 950 ml of liquid.
- A nice amount of soapy water and a sponge will help you remove dirt even in the hidden spots. Make sure that you give it a good wiping using circular motions.Tight curves and delicate parts can be cleaned with a toothbrush. Go section by section, so there is no dirt left.
- Rinse the wrought iron with clean water. For this, dip a sponge in the clean water and start wiping. Smaller items can be done with a spray bottle. On the other hand, you can use a garden hose if you are dealing with large items such as furniture. This will make the process easier.
- Once the iron is all clean, you can leave it to dry. There are two options available:leave it to dry on the sun, or collect the excess moisture with a dry cloth.