Poker games are being played many years ago, and still have a high popularity rate. When it comes to online games in the past few years, Five card poker is being slowly replaced by Three card poker.
There are so many variations from Poker, but this one particular is standing out. Not only it is easy to play, having fun is quite common in online casino games. Don’t be worried if you still don’t know how to play, this article is all about this game.
How to Play It?
Three Card Poker is played with 52 cards, where you play against the dealer, not against other players, which is not the case with other poker versions. Your only concern is how good your cards are, leading you to victory, as well as the house’s cards. Which means you need to make the best possible hand with only three cards.
- The game starts when the player makes an Ante and/or Pair Plus. The dealer splits three cards to the player and to himself, which should be dealt face down. But before dealing cards, players must make a play bet as a basis for any payouts from the dealer. You are only playing the dealer.
- The players look in their cards and decide whether they want to place a wager or not. The amount of play wager should be equal to the ante wager amount. There is an optimal strategy to have in mind, and that is to play your cards greater than Queen, Six, and Four, and fold all cards worse.
- If a player folds, the dealer collects both the ante and pair plus wagers and the hand is over. If the player places a play wager, the cards will be turned over and that will solve whether he has a better hand than the dealer or not.
- A Queen-high or better card is what the dealer needs to qualify. When qualified, the player’s hand is compared to his, and the higher hand wins. And another scenario is if he does not qualify, every player is being paid the ante bet in the hand 1 to 1.
- The dealer has Jack-high or worse, which means that the play wager is returned to the player. But if he has Queen-high or better, both are paid, the ante and pair plus wager, when the player’s hand is better the dealer.
- Both the ante and play bets are collected, if the dealer’s hand is superior. The bet of pair plus is not determined by the cards the dealer has.
There are only three cards in your hand, and make a difference in the rankings comparing to traditional five-card poker. The hands are ranked from the highest to the lowest.
Straight flush: Three following cards of the same rank.
Three of a kind: Three cards of the same rank.
Straight: Three cards of the following value of any rank.
Flush: Any three cards of the same rank.
Pair: Two cards of the same value of different ranks.
High card: The highest card in your hand.