The best way to maintain your garden is by protecting and nurturing your trees. The good health of trees leads to good environment and marvelous garden. They are the most valuable assets and not only they provide shade but have all year benefits for you and wildlife. It is exactly like a long-term investment that if invested and maintained properly would give you lots of fruits for lives.
It is easy to sow the seed, but it’s difficult to feed, grow and maintain it properly. To enjoy the beauty of nature and take benefits of lifelong fruits it is important to be sure that your trees would be able to survive through heavy rains, harsh wind, are healthy or not? And would it be able to withhold even during the droughts? If you need help, you can consult tree service experts from Citrus Heights.
And not just to enjoy the true nature but also to décor your garden with beautiful trees, you need to know what your trees need. For instance, the type of soils in which it would grow efficiently, the amount of daily water needed and to what they are sensitive to. Also, you must know if these trees are tolerant to drought.
Let me show you few factors that will help you take care of a garden with trees!
Protect Roots of your Trees
It is essential to have healthy roots as they carry nutrients to the whole system and for this, it is important to plant trees in healthy soil. As for humans, oxygen is important to survive, so it is for trees. And healthy soils have air spaces that give passage for rich oxygen and helps in absorption of nutrients. Therefore, you try to protect roots within the critical root zone of the tree.
Tree’s Bark is their Shield!
A bark of a tree protects it from various bacterial and fungal infections. It is very important to protect it from any damage. There is few known reason mentioned below which can damage it.
- Head of the rotary spray could damage the bark if the force of the water sprayed in the same place.
- All the branches which keep rubbing may damage the bark.
- When the lawn mower or weed whacker hit by the trunk, it damages.
- All vehicles when hit the trees, it damages the bark.
Water your Trees Not Regularly but Effectively
Trees do not need regular water during winter. However, they need an effective irrigation during summer to save them from the drought. Draught can damage a lot. There are few things you can keep in your mind while watering trees as listed below.
- Prefer deep watering even if you do it infrequently.
- Let soil soak deeply.
- Avoid misting by watering frequently.
How about Pruning your Trees Carefully?
Winter is the most convenient season to prune your tree before trees start growing when spring comes. Now what you can do is removing extra branches. You can always take help from any professional. Follow these tricks while pruning.
- Remove all those branches which are crossing and rubbing. While removing one of them, try to remove thin one. It helps to grow the stronger branch.
- Lower branches damage quickly. Therefore, removing low branches will help you aggrandize the beauty and it will also clear out space under your tree.
- It is always advisable to remove broken and dead branches. It helps to keep away moisture and other organisms.
It is Primitive to Maintain Healthy Soil All around the Trees!
Have you ever wonder how do trees grow just fine in woods? The simple answer is that forest is full of healthy soil which is made of organic matter and enriches with time. It does not demand any human care. You must be wondering how you can copy this process in your landscape and keep your soil enriched.
- Regularly mulch around trees. You can use fallen leaves and if not then purchased mulch.
- Try to cover ground with grasses so that it encourages dead plant material to decay in the soil in the long run. It will fertilize the soil and will keep it healthy.
Removing Unwanted Trees
Passionate gardening along with planting tress involves destroying unwanted or harmful trees. Certain trees such as Mimosa tree, Cottonwood tree, Bradford Pear tree, Pine tree, Norway maple, Chinese tallow, Eucalyptus, and Weeping Willow can prove harmful; therefore, you should know how to kill a pine tree and others.
These trees tend to take away all the essential soil ingredients make it nearly impossible for other plants to grow around the tree area. We see trees all around us, but nobody is ready to take responsibility to take care of them. However, we should never forget one thing. Trees are one of the crucial reasons we are alive. They provide us enough oxygen. Therefore, it is our responsibility to take care of them.
After reading all the information mentioned above with scrutiny, I suppose you know all you need. If you still have any doubt or have any garden decor ideas, you can freely comment below. I would be more than happy to help you. Now you are ready to help yourself by helping trees all around you. Take care of trees, and they will surely take care for you!