Currently, a trip to the northern regions and even further has become a reality for any of us. Everything that is necessary to conduct such a travel is money, desire, and free time. Most Arctic tours are carefully prepared expeditions developed by the professionals. In fact, it means that the whole process of travel turns into an unforgettable adventure.
Some of these trips are more local and specific and last only a couple of days. At the same time, the others can last more than a week and be spent on an icebreaker or a sailboat. Such Arctic expedition cruises have one thing in common: they are extreme and challenge your body and spirit. The landscapes of the northern latitudes are unique, and nowhere else on Earth will you see such beauty. These are places that are practically untouched by people because of their inaccessibility.
Benefits of the Arctic Trip
Let’s list the main reasons why you should decide to undertake such an expedition:
- Unreclaimed lands. You will get into reality, where economic activity is not conducted by people at all.
- Landscapes. Snowy hummocks and aurora borealis are some of the most insanely beautiful things in the whole world. And any traveler should see them by oneself at least once.
- The sea of ice. You will see the sea, the shades of which range from green to the rest of the colors. This is a unique place where the visitors can receive such experience.
- Fauna. A polar bear or a polar wolf are the animals that you can see in their natural habitat. You can meet them close enough to take a photo and then keep these memories for the rest of your life.
- Experience. It also happens that a journey on an icebreaker or a sailboat does not have an ultimate goal. Traveling to the Arctic is valued by itself because every moment is a struggle with harsh reality and absorbing new impressions.
Now you do not need to search a company of like-minded people, carefully plan each step, and put out a lot of money for an expensive expedition. Tour operators do everything necessary for you. Well, except for payment, of course.
Cruise on the Icebreaker
To date, cruises to the Arctic will not surprise anyone. This is quite convenient: you get on the icebreaker and already can move forward. No tedious transfers, flights, and sudden changes in time zones. In the whole trip the guides conduct lectures, tell historical and geographical facts. On the board, each person can visit a restaurant and spend time by various entertainments.
Visiting Arctic is one of the most rapidly developing areas of tourism in recent years. At the same time, such pleasure is not cheap as it requires a lot of preparation and special knowledge. People who are trying to get there are wealthy, confident in themselves, and thinking outside the box. Such a trip for them is not just a rest, it is a challenge and the realization of an old dream that could have persisted since childhood.