Everyone loves a burger, but sometimes burgers are too meaty. Sure, some people who eat veggie burgers are vegetarians, but some people just enjoy vegetables because they can be delicious. The following is going to show you how to transform vegetables into the meat in your burger.
You are going to be surprised by how many vegetables can be used in this recipe. Each vegetable brings its own uniqueness to the dish, even though they all blend well with some of the usual burger condiments, like the mayonnaise and the ketchup. Make sure that you buy these from trustworthy wholesale food suppliers that are selling products with healthy ingredients since you are cooking a pretty nutritious burger.
The following are some of the vegetables you can use:
- Butternut squash
Some of these vegetables are often overlooked at the grocery store. Sometimes, people just do not know what to do with them or may find their taste is not too appealing. Keep in mind that many people do not eat enough vegetables, so this is a good way to combat that problem. Besides, there is no need to be scared of these vegetables anymore with a recipe this appetizing.
The vegetables mentioned grow at different times, meaning you can eat them when they are in season. Sometimes it is impossible to eat seasonally, but it is nice to do this when you can because it means you are getting the most nutrients from the vegetable.
The Transformative Recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
- 3 cups of your choice of diced vegetables
- 1 medium small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of butter
Follow the directions below to make your patties:
- The first step is to fill a pot with four to five cups of water.
- Then, boil the water in the pot. Place your diced vegetables into the pot while the water is heating up. Be sure to do this carefully if the water has gotten hot already.
- Let the vegetables boil for 20 minutes or until soft.
- You have 20 minutes to waste, so you can start sautéing the garlic and onions. Wait until the onion is translucent before turning off the fire.
- Pour the water out of the pot, and add about one tablespoon of butter to the hot vegetables.
- Now, mash the vegetables, and stir in the garlic and onions.
- You want to add pepper and salt to taste at this point.
- Crack the egg into this, and continue to blend.
- Stir the flour into the mashed vegetable until well blended, and you are done.
All you have to do is form your patties now, and fry on both sides until nice and browned.
Keep in mind that these only represent a few of the vegetables you can use in this way. You can always try other options as long as you boil them long enough so that you can mash them. It may even be a good idea to blend a few different options to see what wild tastes you come up with.