Once you start aging, fine lines and dark circles begin to form around your eyes. These often tend to make you look older than your original age. Many people try different products in order to reduce these fine lines and dark circles around their eyes. However, it is normally suggested to try good quality eye serums, which can effectively alter the way you look. It is good for you to note that the skin around your eye is approximately 80% thinner than the skin of your entire body. Imagine what the area around your eyes goes through when you are under stress, you go out for late nights, and you face the various types of pollution on a daily basis.
How Can Serums Actually Help You?
Puffy circles and dark bags under your eyes make you look less attractive. Applying a good quality serum can easily help you overcome such skin problems. In fact, an eye serum can help you in a number of ways, which naturally depends on the manufacturer and the brand. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy upon using an eye serum.
- Reduce the puffiness under your eyes.
- Reduce the under eye dark circles.
- Reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet around your eyes.
- Restore the elasticity of the skin around your eyes.
- Help you look younger and healthier.
- Boost the tone and firmness of the skin.
Main Ingredients Used In a Normal Eye Serum
Different companies use different active ingredients in their eye serum products. However, 3 of the most commonly found amongst these ingredients are discussed below.
- Retinol: This is basically rich in vitamin A and helps to boost the production of collagen in your skin, which is essential for fighting wrinkles. Retinol also helps to enhance the cell turnover in order to hide the fine lines at the growth of new cells.
- Hyaluronic Acid: This ingredient helps to soak up air moisture, which assists you in looking younger by flattening the wrinkles and fine lines.
- Neuropeptides: These are types of simple proteins which also boost the production of collagen and help to fill up the wrinkles and fine lines.
Reasons to Choose an Eye Serum over an Eye Cream
When you compare an eye cream with an eye serum, you will notice that the latter provides you with several benefits. Some of the benefits, apart from those mentioned above, are listed below.
- Eye serums are lighter and more fluid than any eye cream.
- Your skin can absorb serums faster and better than an eye cream.
- Unlike eye creams, serums do not leave any greasy r soapy residue behind.
- Creams can easily make its way inside your eye and cause irritation. This is not the case with eye serums.
It is always better to choose an eye serum that has a good user review and made by a manufacturer that is well-known. Since it is a matter of your own eyes, it is always suggested to take some time and choose the best.