A number of procedures carried on for maintenance of car at regular intervals are termed as car service. This service can be done after specific km run or as specified by car manufacturer. When a new car is designed, a schedule for car service is laid to keep your car safe from any problem. The type of car service and cost varies from the kind of work it needs to be done. It might be that car needs basic service, only oil change, full servicing or any other service which might be manufacturer service etc.
Factors to Consider While You Take Your Vehicles for Servicing:
Following Things Takes Places While Car Service: –
- You should know when oil needs to be changed. Earlier it was believed that in every three months or 5000 miles of running oil should be changed but it is not relevant for all cars. Every car has different aspects, so you should read car manual to know when car oil needs to be changed.
- The Windshield wiper needs to be replaced time to time and you should know how to fix them. In every six months windshield wiper can be changed. You always check manual to find a right one for your car. The quality of the windshield wiper also goes a long way to give you safety during the monsoons.
- You should always check engine light and when it turns on. This might be a serious issue. But in many a case it won’t harm the car if it is in a driving state.
- There should be a balance between the pressures of tires. If the pressure is less then you need to add air to the tires. There are many petrol pumps which offer you free air filling services. Generally, after the car travels for more than 10,000 to 20,000 miles, the tire gets tattered and resoled tyres must never be used as part of your running vehicle. This will reduce the overall on-road performance of your car.
Everything from Power Steering Fluid and Lights Must Be Checked For Your Car Before You Take It On Road:
- Car needs oil, power steering fluid, break oil, windshield wiper fluid and anti-freeze fluid for its working. You should keep a check on which fluids needs to be changed from time to time and from where to purchase it.
- Headlights and taillights perform a vital role in running a car. So it needs to be replaced whenever and wherever needed.
- The first and foremost thing to keep in mind is to keep an emergency kit in your car so as to help yourself in emergency situations like car breakdown.
- There is an air filter in car which needs to be fixed from time to time to increase fuel efficiency. For this you can go through car manual.
The Above Points Will Help You to Maintain the Longevity of Your Vehicle Through the Process of Car Service.
Car services (automated) benefits:
- Helps your vehicle to run smoothly
- Minimizes risk
- Helps you to avoid unexpected and expensive repairs
- It will help you to achieve good mileage if servicing is regular
- Increases the age of car
- If in future you want to buy a new car and dispose of you old one, then car service will help you to get higher resale value of the car.
So here are the points which will point you when you need car service and why car service is necessary for car and the most important thing that is what is done in the process of car servicing.