It is not the easiest task to find a party dress, and it can be quite frustrating when you have to get a dress for an event that is right around the corner. You don’t have to fret for too long because we have the ultimate guide that will make picking out a dress a much easier task, and that too in no time! The main things we recommend when it comes to selecting a beautiful festkjole is that you choose it according to the shape of your body and the color of your skin.
Choosing a dress according to your skin tone
There is a basic rule that is followed by everyone when it comes to picking out any outfit and not just a dress.
- Dark tones: If you have gorgeous dark under tones to your skin, then you can choose to be quite bold and wear some light colors to the next event. Not only will it compliment your skin tone, it will definitely help you stand out from the. We advise to avoid dark colors such as black, because it will make you blend in. If you always away from colors light light pink and blue and even white, now is your moment to shine!
- Medium tones: For medium skin tones it is easy to pull of any type of color or shade. You can go for blacks and reds if you want to look daring and sexy. But if that is not your style, you can always choose some elegant neutral colors that will compliment your skin tone extremely well.
- Light tones: If your skin tone is towards the lighter end of the spectrum, then you need to go for colors that will really make your skin shine such as white or black. If it is your style, you can choose to get bright colors that will make you stand out in the crowd.
Choosing a dress according to the shape od your body
- Curvy: If you have a curvy body type, you should go for a long dress, with a square neck that is low cut. This will really elongate and compliment your figure. You should avoid materials like silk and satin as they will highlight the areas of your body that you don’t want to show. Don’t be afraid to opt for something that is figure hugging.
- Skinny:If your body type is skinny, you can go for a short to medium length dress that has skinny straps that will accentuate the delicateness of your body. If you are looking for something that will be elegant on your body, go for a low cut dress with long sleeves.
- Short: If you are short, you should avoid anything that is too frilly and poofy as they will make you look even shorter. Go for something that goes down to the floor, and is made of silk which will give the illusion of a taller height.