When it comes to your wedding outfit and accessories, jewelry is of vital importance. The jewelry you wear on your wedding day can have a huge impact on your overall appearance, which is why it is important to choose carefully.
When it comes to your bridal outfit, you invariably put a lot of thought into the best dress for your big day. Most people also put plenty of thought into choosing the right wedding venue. However, looking at the right footwear, jewelry, and other accessories is also very important.
Some tips to bear in mind
If you want to ensure you get your wedding jewelry just right, there are a number of simple tips that can help. You can also get advice from specialists via channels such as the CNN show on jewelry so this is something worth bearing in mind. Some of the other simple tips include:
- Do opt for classics: Classic jewelry, such as diamond jewelry, is a great choice as it looks timeless and elegant no matter what your dress is like. It is very versatile and you can wear your princess cut diamond engagement ring which will look stunning on your big day.
- Do try your tiara with earrings: When you are choosing earring for the big day, make sure you take your tiara along and try it on. You need to ensure that the earrings do not take away from the tiara, which is one of the main wedding accessories so taking it along to try on will help you to make the right decision.
- Do be adventurous: These days, you don’t have to worry about every piece of jewelry matching on your big day. You can add different colors and styles to make certain pieces stand out more, so bear this in mind when shopping for accessories.
- Don’t wear a watch: Avoid wearing a watch on your big day, as this can take away from the elegance of your jewelry. Instead, opt for something such as a diamond tennis bracelet, which is subtle yet glamorous and elegant.
- Don’t go over the top: Remember, this is your big day not a night of clubbing on the town. You want your jewelry to be understated and elegant rather than blingy and brash. You also need to ensure that your jewelry does not take the attention off your outfit – it should complement the outfit not take attention away from it.
- Don’t wear dangly earrings: While dangly earrings are fine for nights out, they are not a great choice for weddings. Instead, go for elegant stud style earrings that are more subtle but offer the timeless elegance that most dangly earrings do not provide.
Another thing to bear in mind is that you should give yourself plenty of time to choose your wedding jewelry, as it is an important part of your overall look. Some people leave it until the last minute but this can lead to making rushed decisions and having to ‘make do’ with whatever you can get at the time rather than what you would have liked.